Sunday 12 April 2009

She's coming

Letting her go will be the hardest thing I ever do. For so many years she's lived inside me and channeled my creative thought. Everyone who reads her, likes her but until I get a professional opinion, I'll never be able to shake the notion that people are just being nice.

I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm a little afraid, but I still believe.

---

One problem I have been having lately is with the Prologue. There's only one prologue to every story but for mine I have about two or three written and I just need to figure out which one I want to go with.

I want the Prologue to contain something that isn't found anywhere else in the book, but is referenced too indirectly. To give you a basic example:

If I were writing a book about a convict and a police officer was trying to work out what happened during a robbery. In the Prologue the reader would see the robbery first hand, but after the Prologue he would only hear about it.

That's not actually a very good example come to think of it, but it's the best I can do in my sleep deprived state.

No comments:

Post a Comment